Thursday, November 27, 2008

Make It Good


I've finally decided to start a blog! Everyone I know seems to have one, so I guess I'll join the crowd.

A little about me. I work for Salt Lake City as an Urban Planner. We live in Taylorsville, a suburb of Salt Lake City. I am married to Stephanie and we have two kids, Devin and Rachel (20 and 15). Steph works for Zions Bank and Devin is an electrician.

The biggest change this year is that I found Steph's biological father. He didn't even know Steph existed until now and has no other kids of his own. They have been cultivating a relationship and things are going well.

It's Thanksgiving once again. We will be hosting about 25 people in just a few short hours. Steph has been prepping food for the last few nights. I have been tutoring 3 nights in a row which takes a lot out of me. This year we are celebrating with the Peck side of the family. They are a good time, but I do miss my family. I have not even spoken to any of them in MONTHS! Oh well, that is how Irvin's are. We all feel hurt that no one calls us, but we never make take the first step ourselves.

Last week, I went to my brother-in-laws bar "The Point After" to watch the U of U/BYU game. We finally one! It's about time. Larry and Bill (Steph's step dad) even played pool together... Now that was weird.

I better get to work. This place is soon to be a mad-house. I wished more of my friends were coming over, but it should be a good time anyway.

2 comments:

Meg said...

welcome to the world of bloggers!!

the SALES family said...

YaY!! You're a blogger! You look great - hope all is well! :)